P1 Competitive economy
1.3. More exports by the Central Baltic companies to new markets
Southern Finland - Estonia
01.04.2019 - 30.06.2021
Northeastern China and Malaysia are suffering from anthropogenic emissions. In Finland and Estonia, there are companies who are well equipped to export solutions to tackle this challenge.
The ASIA-CLEAN project supports the exporting efforts of Finnish and Estonian companies specialised in this field by providing:
1. Business matchmaking and market information sharing events,
2. Coaching the companies on cultural and other local specialties of those distant markets,
3. Advising on the technical adaptation of products to the target market needs,
4. Support in communication and networking with local potential customers,
5. Seeking business leads on the target markets,
6. Advising and supporting in the development of sales.
To establish new export networks for long-term collaboration, the project aims at reaching 250 companies and other relevant stakeholders in the market in question and to involve about 100 companies in the project activities
Turku Science Park
Partner budget: 200.564 EUR
Amount of ERDF funding: 150.423 EUR ERDF
1. 100 enterprises participating the project activities will understand the logic and structure of the target markets better and will be trained to operate wisely on them. They will form a pool of companies or a meta-cluster together.
2. 30 enterprises will be trained further to understand their own competitiveness, the main players on the market and potential customers for their products
3. 9 enterprises will introduce new-to-the-market solutions during the project
4. 15 enterprises will get new business leads
5. 10 enterprises (SMEs) will achieve new sales in target markets
The ASIA-CLEAN project main results contribute directly to the program result indicator of cluster co-operations exporting to new markets outside EU/EFTA with focus in innovative products in cleantech.
The ASIA-CLEAN consortium covers cleantech clusters in Finland and Estonia and gives strong basis to build a strong pool of companies/meta-cluster in cleantech, which are capable to export to the chosen target markets.
The companies will be trained and pushed to widen their international business activities to cover also those market areas where economical, cultural and general principles may be remarkable different compared to markets they have used to operate. Some of the companies may even be totally inexperienced in international selling and promotion activities. ASIA-CLEAN project will be beneficial for them also because it will give multinational training of best practices in international business.
Different countries have different level of know-how, experience and methods in internationalizing activities. This project will also give the possibility to evaluate and compare the efficiency of work practices in other countries and clusters. The best practices can be adapted and used by other participants.