P1 Competitive economy
1.3. More exports by the Central Baltic companies to new markets
Southern Finland - Estonia
01.09.2015 - 31.08.2018
€2 014 093
€1 646 979
The objective of the CLUSME project is to increase export volumes and the competitiveness of Estonian and Finnish mechanical engineering and mechatroncis sector through cluster initiative and common marketing. This is done by creating preconditions for successful export to new expanding markets of Georgia, Uzbekistan, South-Africa, Brazil and Mexico.
The project will do market analysis and research, develop entering strategies, find contacts and partners in target markets, make investments to equipment needed to adapt the products to the needs of the target markets (e.g. measuring machine and digitalisation software). Activities will also include seminars presenting research outcomes and possibilities in target markets, business visits and B2B contacts in target markets.
The project will result in five entries to markets outside of Europe, where contacts will be developed with local authorities, supporting institutions, associations and companies in chosen subsectors. These contacts will be disseminated to benefit a large number of companies in the project partners’ networks.
Partner budget: 833.665 EUR
Amount of ERDF funding: 708.615 EUR ERDF
MTÜ Mehhatroonika Assotsiatsioon
Partner budget: 429.360 EUR
Amount of ERDF funding: 364.956 EUR ERDF
MTÜ Eesti Masinatööstuse Liit
Partner budget: 101.068 EUR
Amount of ERDF funding: 85.908 EUR ERDF
Innovaatio Oy Uusi Tehdas
Partner budget: 150.000 EUR
Amount of ERDF funding: 112.500 EUR ERDF
Partner budget: 500.000 EUR
Amount of ERDF funding: 375.000 EUR ERDF
- Created preconditions to expand export from highly compressed markets to new, growing and more powerful markets
- Enlargened potential of Central-Baltic Sea region in the field of mechanical engineering and mechatronics sector on the basis of the functions of metacluster by creating preconditions to succeed in new emerging markets and enlargening the possibilities of export and industrial cooperation of SMEs
- Through the project preconditions and solid plaform are created to enable SMEs to start and increase sales to target markets outside EU
- Created functioning metacluster based on cooperation of project partners
- Created favourable preconditions for business development between organizations belonging to the metacluster, beneficiaries and organizations on target market
- Obtained inputs to develop new products and adapt existing products to target market needs
- Done market-analyses and researches and market entering strategies for target markets
- Organized seminars about target markets to interested SMEs
- Created network of partners in target markets, obtained contacts
- Organized business visits and business-to-business contacts to SMEs in target markets
- Database with target market contacts, memorandums of understanding with most important
Project main results and subresults directly are linked to the programme result indicator.
We plan to enter at 5 new markets outside Europe. The will be 5 partners that together make collaboration in entering new markets and form metacluster. In target markets will be developed contacts with local authorities, supporting institutions, associations and companies in chosen subsectors. Through member companies of project partners and other SMEs (beneficiaries) the project results influence export of their beneficiaries and additionally we plan to disseminate the project results to other companies outside members of project partners which will make the number of beneficiaries bigger.