P4 Skilled and socially inclusive region
4.2. More aligned vocational education and training (VET) programmes in the Central Baltic region
01.10.2015 - 30.09.2018
The project EDU-RAIL aims at reducing fragmentation of railway engineering, transport and logistics vocational education and training programmes in the region. By harmonising and modernising railway education through jointly developed regional specialisation modules the project contributes to the development and further integration of the Central Baltic labour market.
In practice the project jointly develops aligned specialisation modules that take into account the needs of the regional labour market, including shared challenges of further integration with European railway system and joint regional aspects. The harmonised and modernised specialisation modules allow the railway institutions to better educate specialists for the regional employers’ needs and demands in order to enable smooth cross-border rail transportation within the common transport area.
As a result of the project five multipurpose specialisation modules are designed for full-time students and for in-service training programmes. The project contributes to reducing fragmentation of railway education in the region by harmonising railway engineering, transport and logistics programmes. Cross-border cooperation enables the educational institutions to achieve the necessary methodological strength to solve together regional challenges and to raise the quality of railway vocational education and training programmes.
Partner budget: 129.322 EUR
Amount of ERDF funding: 109.924 EUR ERDF
Kouvolan Rautatie- ja Aikuiskoulutus Oy
Partner budget: 109.135 EUR
Amount of ERDF funding: 81.851 EUR ERDF
Transporta un sakaru institūts
Partner budget: 36.814 EUR
Amount of ERDF funding: 31.292 EUR ERDF
Partner budget: 129.158 EUR
Amount of ERDF funding: 96.869 EUR ERDF
Rīgas Tehniskā universitāte
Partner budget: 45.255 EUR
Amount of ERDF funding: 38.467 EUR ERDF
1. 5 jointly developed harmonised and modernised specialisation modules (5-20 ECTS) and teaching methodology for railway engineering and logistics VET, that take into account the needs of the labour market, covering regional aspects and considering EU directives. The modules will be used by partner organisations both for full-time students and for in-service training programs and will be disseminated to other railway education institutions in the neighbouring countries of the CB region in order to facilitate common understanding and cooperation. Graduates of these harmonised and modernised modules will significantly improve the quality of the workforce in the regional railway sector and thus facilitate common understanding that leads to smooth and interoperable cross-border transportation within the common railway transport area.
2. teaching and study materials necessary to carry out the modules
3. e-learning methodology and e-learning materials to carry out the modules, with the support of partners' e-learning platforms
4. developed teaching methodology for using simulation tools
5. common study environment usage plan to enhance regional cooperation and more efficient use of resources of each partner organisation
The project contributes to the programme result indicator „More aligned vocational education and training programmes in the Central Baltic region“ by reducing fragmentation of railway education in the region by harmonising railway engineering and logistics VET programs. Cross-border cooperation enables the educational institutions to achieve the necessary methodological strength to solve together complicated regional VET problems and raise the quality of railway VET through aligned program.
Moreover the project enhances cross-border cooperation of educational institutions teaching staff and facilitates lecturers, learners and trainees to teach, study and practice in