P4 Skilled and socially inclusive region
4.2. More aligned vocational education and training (VET) programmes in the Central Baltic region
01.10.2015 - 30.09.2018
ENDED. The project EDU-RAIL aims at reducing fragmentation of railway engineering, transport and logistics vocational education and training programmes in the region. By harmonising and modernising railway education through jointly developed regional specialisation modules the project contributes to the development and further integration of the Central Baltic labour market.
In practice the project jointly develops aligned specialisation modules that take into account the needs of the regional labour market, including shared challenges of further integration with European railway system and joint regional aspects. The harmonised and modernised specialisation modules allow the railway institutions to better educate specialists for the regional employers’ needs and demands in order to enable smooth cross-border rail transportation within the common transport area.
As a result of the project five multipurpose specialisation modules are designed for full-time students and for in-service training programmes. The project contributes to reducing fragmentation of railway education in the region by harmonising railway engineering, transport and logistics programmes. Cross-border cooperation enables the educational institutions to achieve the necessary methodological strength to solve together regional challenges and to raise the quality of railway vocational education and training programmes.
Partner budget: 129.322 EUR
Amount of ERDF funding: 109.924 EUR ERDF
Kouvolan Rautatie- ja Aikuiskoulutus Oy
Partner budget: 109.135 EUR
Amount of ERDF funding: 81.851 EUR ERDF
Transporta un sakaru institūts
Partner budget: 36.814 EUR
Amount of ERDF funding: 31.292 EUR ERDF
Partner budget: 129.158 EUR
Amount of ERDF funding: 96.869 EUR ERDF
Rīgas Tehniskā universitāte
Partner budget: 45.255 EUR
Amount of ERDF funding: 38.467 EUR ERDF
EDU-RAIL - harmonization of VET programs in railway engineering, transport and logistics
During its lifecycle, project EDU-RAIL tackled the fragmentation of VET in the field of railway engineering, transport and logistics in the Central Baltic region by aligning five specialization modules. The modules, 15 ECTS each, were developed by project partners in Estonia, Latvia and Finland. The study modules take into account the regional labor market needs, including joint regional aspects and the shared challenges related to the further integration with the European Railway system.
This resulted in the development of:
1) Jointly harmonized and modernized specialization and teaching methodology and study modules for railway engineering and logistics. The modules are used by partner organizations in Estonia, Latvia and Finland both for full-time students and by in-service training programs. The modules will be disseminated to other railway education institutions in the neighbouring countries of the CB region.
2) Teaching and study materials necessary to carry out the modules
3) E-learning methodology and e-learning materials to carry out the modules, with the support of the partners’ e-learning platforms
4) A teaching methodology for using railway simulators.
5) A plan to use a common study environment aimed at enhancing regional cooperation and a more efficient use of resources in each partner organization.
- 5 aligned specialization modules (15 ECTS each).
- A new teaching methodology for using railway simulators.
- A plan for the use of a common study environment.