EDU-RAIL - harmonization of VET programs in railway engineering, transport and logistics
During its lifecycle, project EDU-RAIL tackled the fragmentation of VET in the field of railway engineering, transport and logistics in the Central Baltic region by aligning five specialization modules. The modules, 15 ECTS each, were developed by project partners in Estonia, Latvia and Finland. The study modules take into account the regional labor market needs, including joint regional aspects and the shared challenges related to the further integration with the European Railway system.
This resulted in the development of:
1) Jointly harmonized and modernized specialization and teaching methodology and study modules for railway engineering and logistics. The modules are used by partner organizations in Estonia, Latvia and Finland both for full-time students and by in-service training programs. The modules will be disseminated to other railway education institutions in the neighbouring countries of the CB region.
2) Teaching and study materials necessary to carry out the modules
3) E-learning methodology and e-learning materials to carry out the modules, with the support of the partners’ e-learning platforms
4) A teaching methodology for using railway simulators.
5) A plan to use a common study environment aimed at enhancing regional cooperation and a more efficient use of resources in each partner organization.
- 5 aligned specialization modules (15 ECTS each).
- A new teaching methodology for using railway simulators.
- A plan for the use of a common study environment.