BATSECO-BOAT improved sewage collecting services in 20 locations
The BATSECO-BOAT project achievements are based on making investments in altogether 11 new sewage pump-out stations, which of five are located in Finland, four in Estonia and two in Sweden. In Finland the project supported also the renovation of altogether nine old floating pump-out stations, so that those could be used for another 10 years.
At the end of project duration, the BATSECO-BOAT project has improved sewage collecting services in altogether 20 locations.
The project has produced information to support the decision making when investing in sewage collecting technologies. Reports produced by partners cover topics from recent technological assortment to chemical analyses of the sewage collected from leisure boats. In addition, the starting level of sewage collecting network before investments and analysing the legislative framework and mapping the boat traffic in Norrtälje archipelago has been covered, the latter piloting completely new way of collecting and elaborating data from AIS Class-B transmissions from leisure boats. The service costs of sewage collecting networks in Finland, Sweden and Estonia were also handled in a report.
- Market investigation: Catalogue of pump-out stations in Sweden, Finland and Estonia
- Practical guide: Investing in sewage pump-out stations at leisure craft harbours
- Actors and legislation: Overview of actors and legislation relevant to sewage collection stations in Central Baltic Region
- Localization of sewage collection stations in Norrtälje archipelago
- Cost analysis on sewage collecting network
- Technology assessment for sewage collecting systems for leisure boats
Project website: www.batseco-boat.eu
New pump-out station locations:
Finland: Aspö, Björkö, Högsåra Kejsarhamnen, Pähkinäinen and Seili;
Sweden: Ellan and Stora Högskär;
Estonia: Eisma, Hara, Kelnase and Leppneeme
Renovated pump-out station locations: Hakkenpää, Nötö, Vänö, Borstö, Örö, Kirjainen and Velkuanmaa. Two renovated stations from Högråra (Kejsarhamnen) and Pähkinäinen will be relocated for boating season 2022. New proposed locations are Hämmarö strait in Rymättylä/Naantali and Vikom in Nauvo/Parainen.
- The project achievements are based on making investments in altogether 11 new sewage pump-out stations.
- The project has improved sewage collecting services in altogether 20 locations.